Thursday, August 5, 2010

Old Signs - This One's Gone!

Walter Nipper's Nashville Sporting Goods - Before 
For those who don't know, I take pictures of old signs in all of the places I visit. Most of the larger cities are full of these signs. Part of my thinking was that these signs are going to be gone someday. Well, I took the first photo a couple of years ago. It's a sporting goods store on 8th Ave N in Nashville. How could I resist a photo with a big bass on it? Today I was doing a job on Church St. and when I was leaving I noticed a Sears painted sign a few blocks over I had never photographed before. While walking over I saw the sporting goods store and the sign was gone. Glad I got the first shot.

After

2 comments:

VisuaLingual said...

Wow, that was a glorious sign. It's amazing that you happened to capture it before its demise.

Bill Gunter said...

I'm glad I did get that one. I've stumbled across lots of these signs, mostly in the south since that's where I work primarily. I keep intending to post them all on Flickr but haven't gotten around to it. I may just post the new one's here and gradually build up the old one's as time allows.